Monday, December 7, 2009

Alcohol

I love a good beer. Ambers are my favorite, and I like to discover local breweries and sample their beers.

I like wine, but am not a wine snob. I'll drink two buck chuck with pleasure.

I don't like hard liquor that well, but it is fun for cooking, and sometimes cocktails.

But one of the things that we include in our food storage is whiskey and vodka. Now, we don't drink whiskey or vodka, though my husband does enjoy a bit of makers mark once in a while.

IMO alcohol is essential for food storage and especially a TEOTWAWKI situation. Alcohol is incredibly useful, especially high proof alcohol. It can be used for cleaning wounds, knocking someone out if they need a splint put on or bones readjusted, making extracts and tinctures, and even currency.

I store cheap whiskey and vodka. NO need to store high quality alcohol as the cheap stuff will do the job just as well.

1 comment:

Ash said...

I love dessert wine. Jury's out on the beer...it's OK most of the time, and I crave it while pregnant.

ITA on the cheap vodka and whiskey!