Thursday, September 4, 2008

a cool breeze

Yesterday at my friends farm picking up my grain order there was a cool breeze. Cool enough that I wanted to cover Huck's little legs with a blanket.

While this morning it is already (at 9:00 a.m.) eighty three degrees with a heat index of ninety one, I know that fall is coming. I felt that delightful breeze yesterday, almost like an answer to a prayer.

So now my granola changes from using applesauce and oil as a binder, to a spicier mixture with pumpkin and oil as a binder. I want to try and use a nut oil as a binder sometime instead of canola oil. Olive oil, well that is just nasty with granola.

I'll let you know how it goes with the new granola! Oh sweet fall, come soon!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have to post your favorite granola recipes! I actually did use olive oil and honey with mine today and it turned out really good. really! i was surprised b/c i didn't think olive oil would work very well.

Michelle said...

I have never once made granola that I liked very much. Please do share.